NEI General Contracting is recruiting for a Program Manager to oversee all activities and initiatives associated with WORC2. Developed by NEI General Contracting in collaboration with local community partners, WORC2 will soon be launching a one-of-a-kind non-profit Construction educational and resource center in Boston. It is designed to engage local, community‐based, and diverse businesses and workforce on all construction projects throughout the Boston neighborhoods. Our particular focus will be providing workers and small businesses with “one-stop shopping” for resources and technical support that promote growth and success in either their careers or businesses.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Creating and managing long-term goals and tracking progress of program participants
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Writing program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding issues concerns, and decisions on services.
- Engaging larger community to promote programming and availability.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyzing program risks.
- Working on strategy with the Board of Director’s.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Work with the board of directors to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long-term goals.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- Assisting with special projects and additional tasks as needed.
- Candidate must possess NEI’s Core Values.
- Minimum of five (3) years of experience in Construction, Workforce Development or Business Development is preferred.
- Familiarity with HUD Section 3, Boston Resident’s Job Policy requirements and reporting is a preferred.
- Experience with Diverse Business Certifications (Supplier Diversity Office, City of Boston), Self-Identification (MassHousing, MHIC) is strongly preferred
- The ideal candidate will be highly organized and capable of multi-tasking.
- Must be able to prioritize in order to meet assigned deadlines.
- Team player with strong communication skills, proactive approach, willingness to work independently and produce results in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of coordinating and communicating well and in a professional and positive manner.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) id required.
- Familiarity with the construction trades is preferred.