ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER
Honest, principled dedication to our clients and our work is what both defines us and separates us from our competitors. Our clients come first; and our unmatched industry experience influences NEI’s clear efficient path to success. Come join us!
Founded in 1998, NEI General Contracting has provided a full spectrum of General Contracting and Construction Management services to clients throughout the Eastern United States. Our founding principles of integrity, experience, and diligence remain at the foundation of our approach to business and with offices in Boston and Orlando, NEI is well-situated to service projects throughout the East Coast.
Our portfolio consists of more than $2 Billion in completed construction projects, with extensive experience in the sectors of multi-family residential, senior living, historic renovations and restorations, moderate rehabilitations, and institutional projects with a concentration in affordable and market-rate housing.
The Assistant Project Manager (APM) works closely with the NEI Project Manager and Field Operations staff to maintain and resolve communication fort assigned projects.
- Assist in the management of the submittal process and effectively communicate with subcontractors and project team to ensure potential issues are quickly resolved.
- Updating and maintaining current financial reporting based on Project Manager direction.
- Developing and maintaining positive Subcontractor relationships.
- Responsible for helping to create project schedules.
- Monitoring the purchasing schedule and identifying and resolving purchasing challenges.
- Ensure all documents and materials are maintained throughout a project; identifying, tracking, and procuring all necessary materials in a timely fashion.
- Determine constructability by comparing plans, specs, drawings and other Contract Documents, identifying discrepancies, gaps, ambiguous details and issuing RFIs to gather necessary information. Communicates with Superintendent to verify existing conditions for consistency with Construction Documents.
- Scope Creation and Negotiation.
- Assist in drafting a detailed project schedule with deep project knowledge of activities and the underlying logic required to outline the construction timeline.
- Assist in drafting 3 week look-ahead schedules for review by PM.
- Project and Compliance Reporting: Assists with the creation and management of meeting minutes, COR log, submittal log, NEI hot list, focus list, permitting log, buyout log, P&L, RFI log, Maintain weekly status reports on project for PM review. Oversee and ensure insurance renewals and compliance. Assist, develop, monitor and track labor compliance including WBE, MBE, and Section 3 etc.
- Submittal Procurement: Creation of a submittal schedule/log for all trades, procurement and review of all trade submittal packages, handle distribution, monitoring and tracking of approvals through Owner and Consultants. Review with Supt and ensure compliance of installed products
- Financial Reporting and Payment: Assist in the creation and negotiate detailed Owner/Subcontractor/Supplier schedule of values. Draft all change orders and incorporate all required back up for review by the Project Manager. Assist in the updating of the P&L monthly for review with the PM. Assist in drafting all Owner requisitions and complete review of all subcontractor applications and 3-parts.
- Quality Control Oversight: Monitor quality of workmanship and materials on project. Assist to complete in-wall checklist, work to complete and puchlist and distribute to the field team. Provide continual support and assistance to the field teams in an effort to progress the project successfully
- Safety: It is the duty of an APM to promote and enforce safety protocol and requirements of the projects and monitor the work for compliance with the comprehensive project safety program.
- Closeout: Manage and oversee all aspects of the project closeout. Work with Owners, consultants, subcontractors and suppliers to produce all closeout paperwork including As-built drawings, monetized punch list creation and completion, final waivers, final inspections, O&M manuals, turnover training, key transfer, final draw, CO, etc.
- Assist in local permitting process.
- Assist and support all training requirements are met for staff.
- Support company policies and procedures are being followed with sound management practices.
- Assist in the identification of and monitor construction risk in the preconstruction and production phases of assigned projects
- Establish a strong, cooperative working relationship with all team members (field staff, administration, senior leadership, clients, consultants etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Manager
- Candidate must possess NEI’s Core Values
- Undergraduate degree required in Engineering, Construction Management, or similar field.
- 3-5 years of related experience or completion of NEI’s Early Career Rotational Program
- Excellent diplomatic and communication skills, able to handle and resolve conflicts effectively in a firm but fair manner.
- The ability to manage and embrace change. Respond and adapt to new processes and new ways of looking at old problems.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for the work and the construction industry is a must.
- Excellent business judgment required
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to constantly multi-task and handle competing priorities between NEI business needs, organizational issues, and sound customer relations
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stands; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
NEI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. NEI will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone at NEI, or anyone working on behalf of NEI.
Apply for this job online